The CWC/ASPIRE, in collaboration with the Black Student Leadership Conference and MicCHECK, are proud to announce the first Social Justice Summit at the University of Florida. Events will last from Nov. 12 through Nov. 15, with events occurring at the Reitz Union, HPNP, Engineering Building, and Brain Institute.
Dr. Joe White, renowned scholar, activist, and key figure in the development of Black Psychology, will be providing the Opening Address from 5:30-7:00 p.m. on 11/12/2015 in the Reitz Grand Ballroom. Following the address, Dr. White will be joined by a panel of individuals from UF for a Q and A session.
– Dr. Donna Parker, Associate Dean for Diversity and Health Equity and Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
– Professor Winston Nagan, Founding Director of the Institute for Human Rights and Peace Development and Samuel T. Dell Research Scholar Professor of Law
– L.B. Hannahs, Director of LGBT Affairs and MCDA Coordinator of Social Justice Initiatives
– Dr. Bonnie Moradi, Professor of Psychology and Director of the Center for Women’s Studies and Gender Research
– Ms. Joselin Padron-Rasines, the UF Student Body President
The Social Justice Summit poster presentation will follow immediately afterward from 7:00-8:00 p.m. We are accepting both scholarly poster with social justice implications and creative self-expression posters that address the question “Why is social justice important to you?”
To register for the Social Justice Summit: For the Gator Good please go to: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3JH1hMljSKCwztz.
At this link, you may also submit poster abstracts, in order to participate in the poster presentation. Please submit poster abstracts online by October 15, 2015.