5 reasons to support the Santa Fe River Bill of Rights
- Our laws are failing to protect the Santa Fe River because the river does not currently have legal rights of its own.
- The Santa Fe River and springs are part of the largest concentration of freshwater springs in the world; they deserve to exist and to thrive.
- The river is pivotal in the economic, social, cultural, and spiritual life of Alachua County’s citizens, and is used to “brand” Alachua County.
- We want our children to be able to have the same experiences we’ve enjoyed in the springs and on the river.
- The Santa Fe River springs are the top layer of the groundwater that supplies our drinking water. If we save the springs, we save our drinking water.
This entry was posted in Articles
, September 2019
. Bookmark the permalink